Monday, April 6, 2015

weekend recap: Easter

We had a wonderful, long weekend. I think really nice weekends make Mondays a little bit harder. But it is worth it.

Because Jason was home on Friday, I got to go have coffee with Rachel and then she helped me choose some flower for our front yard. I felt much more comfortable with her by my side. I may have picked up some rosemary, succulents and a fern for inside too.

After loading everything we own into our car (at least that is what it felt like) we found some room for the boys too, and hit the road for Kansas.

The kids had fun together and played hard. Hard enough that Amos ended the evening with three bandaids. Two of them were very dramatic experiences. Ivan didn't know what to think of all the noise, and was a little cranky himself. However, after a good night's rest for everyone, they were ready for more fun on Saturday.

We may have started a new Easter tradition this year, by going for an 8-mile group run. My dad and sister joined in on Jason and my's last long run before race day. I happened to be the weakest link, and those jokers forced me to run an 8:30 pace. Since I made it, I guess it was good training for this weekend.

We came back to a yummy brunch with lots of family. Check out Priscilla.

The kiddos were ready for the big egg hunt. They loved running around picking up the eggs. None of them were very aggressive about it, but took their time moseying around.

These sibling pictures crack me up! Maybe next year.

But we did get some great group shots. And then the older kids stayed on for some "Under Dogs" from Gramps.

We again loaded everything we owned back into the car and hit the road for Lebanon. We made a spontaneous stop at the local Sno-cone shack. Never a bad decision. Just hoping the stains come out of Silas' sweatervest. Ivan's going to have to wear that next year.

The two oldest fell asleep for a good hour of the trip. Ivan cried almost the whole time. Too much fun.

We were all glad to get out of the car and see Nana & Papa and Granny. Plus good food. Ivan, I think you have something on your shirt.

My boys in their Easter attire. So glad they like to dress up. Amos has been wanting to wear his "fancy" outfit all week. Thankful for a husband who doesn't mind too much when I match them!

They are so handsome! I want to remember these faces forever.

We were glad to be able to celebrate Christ's ressurection with so much family! It is definitely something to celebrate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment