Sunday, March 15, 2015

my three little men - week 17

Our whole week felt a little different, but it was sure fun. We began the week knowing that Jason only had 4 days of work, and then Spring Break would begin. Anticipating the break makes the days leading up to it go so much faster. Plus the weather was SUPER! Our cousins came over Monday and the kiddos played and played. Scout even joined the party making for a full house of friends.

I finally got around to cutting the boys hair. It had gotten rather unruly and even Amos had told me he needed a hair cut. It's always an ordeal, but this time went very smoothly. So maybe I won't wait 3 months to do it again. That's a lot of hair for 2 little boys.

We were also catching up from the time change of the weekend. No matter which, those time changes are hard to adjust to. However, Tuesday night we definitely benefited from lighter evenings. Jason got home and the whole family hit the trail. We are so excited for a spring filled with evenings like this.

We were very adventurous on Wednesday and took the car to the shop to get the tires rotated. We dropped it off at Firestone and then headed across the parking lot to the bank. I'm sure I looked like a hoot with Silas doing the stand-up ride on Ivan's stroller and holding Amos' hand. However, they did a great job listening. We then trekked our way to the mall and spent the rest of our time waiting at the new play spot in the mall. The boys love love love jumping around there. Speaking of jumping around, check out this guy. Isn't he the cutest? And he loves this thing. Score for Mom!

Thursday brought a lot of cleaning for Mom, and outside time for the boys. Jason had two late nights in the row with Parent Teacher Conferences, so it was a blessing to have nice weather that let us get outside in the evenings.

It definitely helped that I had something super fun to look forward to! A daytrip to IKEA with friends. More on that next week.

Ivan Jude - 17 weeks old aka 4 months

It was love at first sight when he got this jumper on Monday. He's been a crazy jumping man since. We have a perfect place to put it where he can see what's going on while I'm working in the kitchen.

All week long I tried to work on him taking a bottle so that he didn't starve while I was gone on my day trip to Ikea. We didn't make too much success, but realized that when he got hungry enough, he would eat.

I tried to drop his dreamfeed one day this week, but he was not interested in that business. In fact, he woke twice in the night. So we are both happily back to the dreamfeed and 10 hours of sleep.

Here the boys are doing "school"! They love it and so do I. So thankful for a space that makes it convient and easy.

This guy likes school time too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment