Friday, March 6, 2015

my three little men - week 16

We spent a lot of time at home during this cold week. Starting Saturday, we cozied down at home and enjoyed being trapped. However, fun for us, we had more daring friends that came over for dinner, snow and all. It was my type of Saturday.

We braved the snow on Sunday to make it to church. In fact, Jason didn't think the van would make it so it attempted and succeeded in cramming all three carseats into the CR-V (it has 4-wheel drive) I'm glad we know we can do it in a pinch, but I am very thankful I don't have to do that everyday. Love our van.

I put off going shopping Sunday afternoon and opted to be at home resting. I needed to spend some quality time with our new king-sized bed. I regretted that decision Monday night at 830pm standing in the Walmart check-out line.

We did get out of the house for a Parents As Teachers Dr. Suess Celebration. It was a pretty creative, fun time. And we even got to try Green Eggs and Ham.

It's a good thing we got out of the house when we did because we were pleasantly suprised by 2 snow days after that. More Daddy time! And hopefully the last snow day of the year. He's back to work today, but then we've got a fun-filled weekend planned. Ladies Night, serving coffee, the circus, and an awesome send-off service at church!

Ivan Jude - 15 weeks old. He's freshly bathed and looking good.

I may have been a little too daring with Ivan's changes this week. I decided to just drop the swaddle cold turkey. He hated that idea, but I pushed on. He's seemed to do a better job at putting himself back to sleep, but he just sleeps so much better with it, so he's back in it for the weekend. Maybe next week.

But we did successfully move him to his room. We no longer have an extra roommate. All three boys are upstairs! He's still in his rock-n-play upstairs, but doing great. Considering both of his brothers were in their bedrooms by 6 weeks old, I'd say he got the specail treatment. And rightly so. But it was time for us. He was starting to notice us way to much in the morning and had a hard time sleeping past my alarm.

Following along with his brothers, someone's been trying his hardest to sit this week. Bonus points if you can identify the sitters below.

Silas John aka hat man. No, he's not obsessed with Despicable Me or Minions, he just loves to have a hat on his head. No joke. We get dresed and he searches for a hat to wear. I don't mind because it tames the crazy.

He's still got this potty training down. He has had a couple of accidents, but nothing major and consistently tells us when he needs to go. We are almost out of candy and I'm not planning on replenishing it, so we'll see what happens.

Amos Jack aka I Love to Make this Face. He is so bound and determined to do everything on his own, that he amazes me in what he can do. He's been getting dressed by himself for ages, but now he can button up his shirt and pants. He can almost zip up his coat. Fasten and unfasten himself in his car seat. Get fruit from the fridge. And wipe his own booty. With two younger brothers, most of those things are extremely nice but he just seems so old.

We are ready to bust out of the house with the nice weather next week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment