Sunday, April 28, 2013

silas john - week 26


Little guy was just "off" this week.  Come to find out, we've hit wonder week 26.  I think he's working on fine motor skills. Like picking up toys.
To top that, the last two days have been a definite, no doubt about it, growth spurt.  We had spent several days at the wonderful for 4 hour schedule, but he's been back to eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and he woke in the middle of the night once. :(
We've waved the white flag of defeat to bottles and are moving on to trying a sippy cup.  He seems to like a sippy better.  No real drinking happening though.

Not many sitting spills this week.  He leans way forward to grab and toy and then corrects himself.  Spills usually happen when he is trying his hardest to see what's going on behind him.

Silas is doing a better job at eating.  He'll at least open his mouth for food.  He still doesn't act like he wants it too much, but the day I didn't give him much baby food, was the day he woke in the night.  So they might be connected.  You never really know.  Baby food it is.

He got another hair trim.  The trims help keep his hair a little more manageable.

Something clicked somewhere  and now Silas knows when he is by himself.  He still does a pretty good job playing alone, but I can tell he knows it.  I think it may be time to start a little structured Independent playtime.
He hits the 6 month mark today.  CANNOT BELIEVE IT!  I think we may a photo shoot on one of the nice days this week and a doctor's appointment.

Here's Amos at the same age:


No comments:

Post a Comment