It's Friday!! And we have nothing planned for the weekend. This hasn't happened for.... awhile! So we'll be soaking it all in, and gearing up for the holidays!
- Smash Cake -
Ivan's birthday was Saturday, but he woke up not feeling so hot, so he wasn't quite himself for his party. He pretty much just looked at his smash cake and was ready to be held again. I hung onto it though, because I wanted to give it another shot. Monday night we tried again. He didn't eat much of it, but he sure enjoyed smashing it.
- Exploring -
A couple days this week we took advantage of the beautiful weather and headed to the Ruby Jack trail. It's so nice having a trail close to the house. The boys are growing up to be quite the little explorers.
- 1 year check-up -
We all loaded in the car early Tuesday morning for Ivan's one year check-up. It was pouring that day, but we made it in and back pretty quickly. Everything looked great. He was 22 lbs and 29 3/4 inches long. He's kinda following Amos' growing pattern.
- Jonah, God's Messenger -
This week we learned about God's messenger Jonah. He wasn't exactly the best messenger and tried to run away instead. But he pointed to the future Messenger that would come and would only act in obedience to his father. It sure made us excited to celebrate Christmas - God's perfect gift given to us in his son!
We love learning about sharks, whales and everything else under the ocean. It's crazy to think we've almost made it half way through preschool.
- Once a Month Shopping -
In an effort to better stick to our food budget, I've been planning a shopping trip to cover all our groceries for the month. It's taken some strategic planning, but thanks to Plantoeat.com (a website I use to save and plan meals) it wasn't too bad. By the way, if anyone is interested in an online site that helps organize meals, I highly reccomend this one. I've been using it for 2 years now, and love the ease of it. It's normally $40 a year, but goes on sale during Black Friday for $20. Definitely the time to do it.
That's it! Hope you guys have a great weekend too!







No comments:
Post a Comment