Saturday, October 19, 2013

this and that

I've been on a bean kick here lately.  I've never liked beans before, but I've made them several times this month and tried really hard to convince myself that I like them.  I haven't succeeded with every recipe, but here is one that I now love.  It's roasted chickpeas!  They get crunchy and with all that seasoning, they are so good!

On one of the blogs I read, I can across the series, 31 Days of Cheap Tricks.  Most of the time when I've seen these, I've gotten real excited because I'm finally going to be able to cut our grocery bill by hundreds of dollars, only to discover that I'm already doing all the things they they suggest.  So when I came across this series, I wasn't very hopeful.  Then her first tip was to "Make Do."  I won't explain the whole article, you should read it, but it definitely got me thinking.

She also suggested using a a dish scrubbing wand and a mixture of vinegar and Dawn for scrubbing your showers!  I did it and it's genius!  So much easier than my previous method, and it cleaned really well!

I listened to this interview one morning while folding laundry!  Very encouraging.  Way better than watching an episode of something on Netflix while doing laundry.
Sally interview

I finally found this army vest.  I've been on the lookout since March for one.  I've pretty much been wearing it every day, so I'm sure you've seen me in it.

Please make this for dinner this week, Mexican Walnut Chicken.  The whole family loved it.

I listened to this podcast about how a mom uses her kids nap time to "change the world."  It inspired me to act and sign this petition.  It was so easy!  I wanted you to know about it to.

I've been following this girls Bikini Body Mommy Challenge workout plan on Facebook.  And really enjoying it.  I'm not trying to get a bikini body-  I'm a one-piece girl all the way, but the workouts are short and diverse.  For some reason, my body responds to 15 minutes anaerobic workouts much better than an hour of running!  I only wish that I had known sooner!



1 comment:

  1. I always thought I needed to do a ton of cardio to lose weight. Then I read somewhere that weight training will show results much faster. I tried it and I am seeing a difference. Can't wait to see how you wear your army vest. I have always liked how they look on other people. :)

    ReplyDelete