Sunday, October 13, 2013

silas john - week 50

Silas is becoming a pro page turner.  If I'm not turning the pages fast enough, he'll start doing it for me.  Most of the time he doesn't want to book read, he just wants to turn the pages.

Silas is pretty quite majority of the day.  The one exception is during meals.  And then he makes up for it.  During meals, we always enjoy the background music of Silas' "nananana, mamama, uh uh uh" and so on.  The only other times he makes that much noise is when we sing.  He loves to sing and joins in on any song.

 Watching Daddy leave for work.
He's also picked up a new trick this week.  The best part about that trick is that it means he is starting to understand, and we're beginning the new phase of communication.  I pat his belly, he pats his belly.  Sometimes he'll even point to his nose if asked.  I'll ask him to come to breakfast, and he makes a beeline for the table. 


We spent a lot of time outside this week, enjoying fall.  We also saw a lot of friends.  It was a happy blend of things to do and time to rest.
 Uh oh, somebody learned how to crawl up the steps.
 These two had so much fun together.


Birthday preparations are in full swing!  I'm looking forward to celebrating Silas and enjoying yummy soups and sweets in a couple of weeks.  And I'll say it again, I can't believe he's almost one.

And here's Amos and the same age:

No comments:

Post a Comment