We've been playing A LOT of pirates around our house this last week. At lease sense digging for gold at a friend's house last Friday. I though Conrad's photo was fitting.
My pictures are a little lacking this week. I have a good excuse though. We were potty training. Three days with no pants on and dropping everything about every 15 minutes. Those were some LONG days. BUT, we've come a long way. Still not accident free, but he is telling me when he needs to go and now going #2 in the potty. They look sooo much bigger with underwear on. His brothers have been super helpers with the whole process.
I've been dreaming of the day that I look up and see him reading a book. We were eating dinner. He had finished and then grabbed a book to read. This one is still above his reading level, but it doesn't stop him from trying. He's been having a blast picking out "Chapter Books" from the library and reading them all before we go back the next week.
The weather was just screaming to get outside on Friday, so once Dad got home, we loaded up the bikes and hit the Ruby Jack trail. Now that Amos has a bike with gears, he leaves us in the dust. Silas pedaled his little heart out. He had to work the hardest on the packed gravel. Ivan and Conrad were great riders.
Silver Dollar City was on the agenda for Sunday and with friends! Everything's more fun with friends. We got to show them all our favorite rides and even try out some new ones. Amos and I rode Thunderation for the first time! I was glad I got to be there with him on his first "real" roller coaster. He loved it. He's got the taste for it now and I"m sure there will be more to come.
Moire digging for pirate treasure. It's times like these that I'm glad we have no actual grass to speak of and I could care less that they are digging a big whole in our yard!








No comments:
Post a Comment