Wednesday, July 1, 2015

daddy turns thirty-one

I think Amos was more excited about Jason's birthday, than Jason was. As I closed the door the night before the birthday, Amos was whispering "and tomorrow is Dada's birthday..."

When I got him up the next morning and told him we were going to the gym, he exclaimed, "What about Daddy's birthday?" All day long he kept waiting for everyone to arrive and get this party started. He had a little trouble understanding that WE were the party.

It helped when we blew-up balloons and wrapped his presents. He started to get the hang of things when we celebrated with Birthday brownies before dinner. Opened presents had steak for dinner.

Silas knew exactly what to get Daddy - a bag of Cocoa Pebbles.

And then celebrated again with icecream after an evening walk.

The rain ruined some of our morning plans, so we just put them off until Saturday. Which was beautiful. We made our way down to George Washington Carver for lunch and some exploring.

This was the first time there with the boys and we were pleasanting surprised by how nice and interesting the walk was. The boys loved all the bridges and water crossings. I think they ran at least 3/4 of the way, because "they are fast."

We had a great time celebrating Jason turning 31.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment