Monday, October 13, 2014

so its been a while...

...and we've been VERY busy.  After the house was almost completely sprayed a lovely shade of white, the boys and I moved in.  We were glad to be back together again.  The only problem was that our home still closely resembled a construction zone.

Our only furniture was the boys portable bed, our mattress and three folding chairs.  I think this affected the pregnant lady to the greatest degree.  However, there was lots to take my mind off of it.  I spent the week painting ALL THE TRIM in our house.  Carpeting was scheduled for Monday, so I had a deadline.  The boys did a great job entertaining themselves, and somehow I had enough energy for the task.

Come Monday, we were ready for carpet.  And we had another little surprise.  A kitchen sink that wouldn't drain.  After a 2 hour plumber visit, we were still without success.  And a broken pipe in the basement.  Amos spent a lot of time pretending to be the plumber.
This soon became the most comfortable spot in the house.  

Or the only place in the house...
We spent the rest of the week cleaning!  Cleaning bathrooms, windows, floors, and removing the 100 rolls of painters tape we stuck down everywhere.
Come Friday, we were ready for move-in day.  I was very, very happy to see this truck pull up!

As well as my father-in-law.  After another visit from the plumber Jason and his dad decided to give fixing the sinks a go.  Which meant we got to hang out with our family and cousins that weekend.  The boys couldn't have been more excited.  I think they were a little tired of Mom and a total of 5 toys.
After the weekend, my sink problem was better, but not completely solved.  The next was spent unpacking boxes, toys first.  It was like Christmas and birthdays at our house!  I have no idea how I fit all this stuff into our first home.  We've got 1000 more sq. ft and I'm still having trouble finding room for everything.

I can definitely feel myself slowing down. My body is begging for a daily nap and refusing to move another heavy thing.  That makes unpacking a house a bit of a challenge and I just want to feel settled before baby arrives - in 1 month (hopefully a little a longer).  So our goal for this week is to rest, enjoy each other and pick a boy name (ha, don't know if that's ever going to happen).

Here's a look at our new normal!  I love having a bar for breakfast and lunch!

I still have so much I want to do, but this helps me remember how far we've come!


No comments:

Post a Comment