Tuesday, September 23, 2014

last week recap

My husband had another busy week of priming the house.  Everything takes longer and cost more than you think.  Reinforcements arrived on Friday - myself, the boys and Papa.  Too bad only one of us could help with the priming.

If Jason's looked  a bit disheveled when you've seen him lately its because he's spends most of his time doing this and driving around in an un-airconditioned car.  Oh, and his beard is crazy long.

More enthusiasm showed up on Saturday and to my surprise, by that evening, most of the priming was finished!  Hallelujah!  We spent most of Sunday and Monday taping the house and finishing up last minute projects because our Vance was bringing over the sprayer that evening.  Due to technical difficulties we are about 95% done painting that house!

My dad and grandpa also showed up on Monday to help finish my new staircase!  I love it so much.  Check out the awesome transformation.

Move in day... ugh!  I don't know why, but green exterior railing, stained carpet and panelling just don't  seem togo well together in my mind.
 Here's the stairs with the walls primed.  Then I had an idea!  Remove the second set of stairs.  Who needs them?  More entry way space!  Yes! Less awkward stairs! Yes!
 Then we got started.  By we, I mean, we brainstormed and Dad did all the hardwork.
 And here they are coming along!  Almost there.  They still need painted and stained!  Can't wait to show the finished product.


The boys have been real troopers!  We've had a few rough patches, but I don't think we've stayed in one place for an entire week since early July, so that comes with the territory!  They don't know it, but they are ready to be back at "home" too!

"Sorry, Mom, we're playing in here."




No comments:

Post a Comment