Sunday, December 16, 2012

Silas John - Week 7

It's been fun to look back to what I wrote about Amos each week and see how the boys are the same and how they are different.  Earlier this week, I began to think that Silas' eyes looked very brown.  Sure enough, this was the week with Amos that his eyes looked brown too.  Again, it's not much of a surprise.  Dark hair and dark features.  Speaking of hair, Silas still has a lot. He hasn't lost much of his baby hair yet.  Lucky for him because he's got a good case of cradle cap.  You just can't see it.  His skin still hasn't completely cleared up.  We're just applying lots of lotion and hoping one day it will go away.

This week started with a visit from Grammy and our cousins.  It was fun to spend the afternoon catching up and playing with Josie and Priscilla.


The next major happening was an obvious growth spurt.  Silas went from eating every 3 hours to eating  every 2 hours both Monday and Tuesday.  The end of the growth spurt was marked by an exploding poop.  That is when his poop face made an appearance.

Due to a few short naps, I thought it was time to extend his waketime from 40 minutes to 50 minutes.  It's fun to have those extra 10 minutes to play and get some smiles out of him.  Check out this cutie.


He's a lot more interactive and expressive these days.  It doesn't take much to get a smile and his is happy to spend his entire wake time looking at our faces.
Not much has changed with naps except that I've started playing some white noise in the background.  I think it helps cover up some of the noise from Amos.

Night time sleep is still going pretty good.  He normally wakes once to eat and is keeping with around 7 am as his morning wake up.  I'm hoping that he'll be ready to drop that middle of the night feeding soon!  I keep looking for signs, but I don't think he is quite ready.  He did have an almost 9 hour stretch one night this week which allowed me to pump for the first time!  Storing milk, oh what fun!

At the end of the week, Gramps came for a visit.  He just couldn't stay away.






1 comment:

  1. I think your dad's in LOVE! Thanks for sharing with us. Love seeing your boys grow!!

    ReplyDelete