Monday, December 31, 2012

A Week of Christmas

This post is full of pictures!  I'll pretty much let them speak for themselves.  Let me just say that we had such a fun week.

We started off with Christmas Eve at our house.  After Christmas Eve service, we came home and put the boys to bed and got to work on the toy box.
 Jason got a little frustrated, but I think that's part of it.  Good thing we had "It's a Wonderful Life," on in the background.
 We utilized the new toy box for stockings and presents.
 As a family, we're going to use the 4 present rule for our kids!  Something they want, something they need, something to share, and something to read!  I think this will help me not get too carried away.
 Christmas morning!
 This is the best we could do of the boys together!
 Amos was not to anxious to sit still.
 Don't worry, Jason didn't spend Christmas morning on the computer.  He was just starting the Christmas music.
The raisins in his stocking were a BIG hit. 


 I have a feeling I'll be picking up this play food all the time!

Without putting much away, we loaded everything up and headed to Lebanon to celebrate Christmas!  We started out at Great Grandma Hubbard's house, but I left the camera in the car, so I don't have any pictures!  They had quite the house full.

Later that evening we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's.  Amos got to practice is present opening skills!  Teigan and Emma helped him out a little. 




We had a big slumber party that night and stayed in our pjs the next day!







After staying for a couple of nights, we loaded everything up again and headed for Kansas.  We dropped off Christmas presents at home, grabbed Starbucks for the drive and headed on.

We woke up the next morning and pretended like it was Christmas morning.


 Josie found someone's stocking candy.

 Hopefully one day this will be for real.
 Silas finally woke up and joined the party.
 Look what Great Grandma Garrett brought over!
 Dad and his BIG surprise!
 "Icing" Christmas cookies.  More like eating icing.
Saturday we had an extended family get together with my mom's side of the family.  Again, I didn't have my camera, but it was fun to see everyone and catch up.  The highlight for Amos, his new bat cape!

What a fun week it was!  However, we are glad to be home!  Good thing Christmas is just once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment