Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Less than a month...maybe?

Found out today that baby is head down, and apparently really long.  The doctor commented that I must have trouble breathing.  She is right.  I've got a butt in my rib cage again.  Hopefully the baby will "drop" soon.  Of course, not too soon!

I've marked a couple of things off my list.

My plans for the next 4 weeks:
- Finish a few minor baby room projects  All that's left is hanging out some art.  Pictures to come soon.
- Catch up on pictures for our family album 
- Order some additional cloth diapers!  More on that below!
- Finish Amos' first year video.
- Double every dinner I make and freeze the second one.  Still working on this one.  I've got 4 in the freezer.
- Go on a hot date with my hubby!!  We have reservations to a dinner theater down in Branson to see a Murder Mystery.
- Keep the baby inside of me the entire 5 weeks.  So far so good.  Only dilated to 1 cm.
- Hold Amos A LOT.  Definitely working on this one.  He's become a lot more cuddlier too, so that helps.
- Hit up a few consignment sales and garage sales looking for some baby items. THIS WEEKEND!
- Decide on a name (yeah right!)
- New this week:  Get my hair trimmed!  Desperate need of this!

WARNING:
Don't continue reading if you couldn't care less about cloth diapers!

CLOTH DIAPERS:
So after much deliberation, I decided to order a few more FLIP diapers.  I really could get by with what I already have, but a baby is sure a great excuse to order a few more. 

What I love about the FLIP system:
- slim fit
- two rows of snaps
- great leg gussets
- no leaks
- absorbent inserts
- flexibility (I can also use Best Bottom inserts and flat diapers with the shells)
- good price

I was able to take advantage of a great deal: Buy 2, get one free!  I also ordered 6 more inserts which puts my total number of "diapers" around 50 - more than enough!

So I've learned a lot since starting cloth over a year ago now:
- There's no need to spray out poopy diapers if baby is solely on breast milk! Cha-Ching!  Six months, no spray necessary!
- A diaper sprayer is still a must though, because once they start solids, its to the toilet you go!
- Wet bags do an excellent job at keeping stink in!  The PlanetWise XL bag is the right size for us.
- I need to wash diapers about every 4th day.
- I love Charlie's Soap for my diapers.  I still don't really feel like I need to strip my diapers.  They don't smell and I still don't have leaks.  I'm planning on doing this anyway, to get everything fresh for Little Brother.
- Our washing cycle: One wash in COLD.  One wash in HOT.  Extra Rinse!
- Husbands can master cloth diapers!

NEW THINGS:
- Best method for diapering two with cloth.  I'm thinking I'll keep all the diapers in Amos' room, since he'll be napping the least and just do most diaper changes in there.
- I'm going to experiment with using BAC OUT.  I've read good things about it initially here.
- Maintaining diapers through year two.
- Finding a good solution for using cloth when diaper rashes break out.  We didn't have any problem with this while Amos was being breast fed, but once he really started eating, it seems like he has them pretty frequently.  I've just put him in disposable while he has them, but I would rather use cloth and save money.  The article above mentions CJ BUTTer Spritz, so that might be an option.






No comments:

Post a Comment