Friday, October 5, 2012

15 Month Summary



15 Month Summary AKA "Let's Pause Here for the next 6 months"

I love the phase he is in right now!  I've been telling everyone, but I would just like to take a long pause right here before we move on so I can fully appreciate it! I've been ready to move onto to each new phase up until this point.  I just feel like it is going by too fast.  Having another baby isn't going to help things.  

EATING:
Luckily, he isn't as picky with when or if he eats things lately.  Instead he is moving to the phase where he is just too busy to stop and eat.  His favorites right now are anything with cheese in it, carrots, and bananas.  Can't go wrong with those guys.

PLAYING:
He loves to be chased!  Most mornings Amos pretends like Asher is chasing him and runs away screaming.  However, I'm pretty sure Asher has no clue what Amos is doing.  Daddy is the best chaser and Amos wears Daddy out with all his demands for being chased.  He loves anything and everything we do outside.  He'll run for his shoes faster than anything else if I say we are going outside.


I've added a few more homemade toys to help him practice with his fine motor skills.  He seems to love anything new, so I can't go wrong there.  I also found some old remotes for him to play with.  We don't watch TV enough for him to know what they are for.  He thinks they are phones!

He still has independent playtime and does a good job entertaining himself, however, he is enjoying playing with others.  When he wakes up from a nap, he always wants to go wake Asher up.


PERSONALITY:
He almost always gives me a kiss when I ask these days!  As you can imagine, we're pretty excited about that.  But what is even better than that is when he falls down, he lets me pick him up to console him and he puts his head on my shoulder... for a really long time.  And the best of all is that at night, after we finish reading books, he'll lay against my chest and let me rock and sing to him for just a bit before he is ready to be put in bed.  He's turning into a bit of a snuggler!

He's learning to put on the charm a little more, but he's still pretty content figuring out everything around him without worry too much about anyone around him.  I thought this meant we wouldn't have any trouble with jealousy when Little Brother comes.  However, the other evening we were watching a friends 3 month old and anytime I was holding him, Amos also wanted to be in my lap.  Hopefully there's enough lap to go around.



COMMUNICATION:
Last month I said that Amos mainly carried on with himself vocally.  That has really changed.  He now says "stuff" to us all the time.  Most of the time we don't know what he is saying, but he's really trying.  Some of his new favorite things to say are "cheese", "Audrey", "woof", and "shoe."  He is also doing a good job at repeating words like "up", "down", "on", and "more" when he wants things. Last month his favorite word was "ball."  This month, by far, it is "Dada!"

The other fun thing about this month is that I'm pretty sure he understands about everything I say to him.  He pretends like he doesn't sometimes, but I know he does.  Even if he can't fully communicate with us, we can with him.

DISCIPLINE:
He went through a phase this month where when he was doing something he wasn't suppose to do, or he knew we would say "No" to, he would scowl at us and do it anyway.  He still hasn't really picked up on saying no (and its not from our lack of saying it).  I'm sure he'll catch on sometime though.

I read something that suggested discipline goals from 12 months to 18 months should be just to not lose any ground.  We're founding out just how true this is.

SLEEP:
Well, we didn't drop the morning nap this month, but starting next week, we are working on it.  He does a pretty good job on Sunday's without it, so I figure we'll see how the rest of the week goes.  It may be something where he takes it some days and not others!  I guess we will see.  Still a great night time sleeper.  Hope he doesn't have trouble sleeping through a newborn!

SPECIAL EVENTS:
Amos has a new cousin - Priscilla!  His favorite part of that whole process was Josie staying two nights at our house!  They really had fun playing together and I think Grammy enjoyed having them both to herself for a few days! Amos hasn't paid too much attention to Priscilla.  However, there have been a few times that I'm holding her and he will come up and get really excited about a little tiny baby.  We're still working on being gentle.



OUR SCHEDULE:
7:30 - Wake up and eat breakfast
8:15 – Activity with Mommy and Asher
9:45 - Morning nap
11:45 - Lunch
12:15 – Independent playtime
1:45 - Afternoon Nap
4:00 - Daddy Time
5:30 -Dinner
7:30 - Bed time

No comments:

Post a Comment