Monday, August 26, 2013

silas john - week 43


Silas has been busy moving all over this week.  He pretty much entertained himself by crawling all over and pulling up to anything he could.  He's the same age Amos was when Amos started walking.  I don't see his first steps in our near future, but he his starting to shuffle around the furniture and do a little cruising behind his dinosaur.

This boy's hair grows like crazy.  He had his 4th haircut this week.  Luckily, the little bit of curl hides any of my mistakes.  This is pre-haircut.  His weekly picture shows the new do.  The only sad part is that it makes him look that much older.
His other big news is teeth!  Two of them.  On the top.  A runny nose and cough accompanied their appearance which led to some poor sleeping.  Four down, how many more to go?

Silas can be a little spazy.  We couldn't help but document it on video.  His face is in response to my waving my hand in the air.  We still love him.

So, we may have pre-maturely moved the boys into rooms together.  They were making it, but while Silas wasn't sleeping good, (from teething issues mentioned above) we moved him into the other room so that he wouldn't bother Amos.   And now its been a whole week and we haven't moved him back.  Why???  Well, I'm waking Amos up at 8am instead of Silas waking him up at 7am.  That makes for a happier day.  Silas is falling asleep within minutes of us laying him down instead of an hour later because Amos is so entertaining at night.  The mornings and evenings are so much more predictable with them in separate rooms.  If I can sweet talk Jason into moving the crib again, I think we may separate these guys out for a little longer.  The plan is to move them together, but we may wait until Silas is ready for a toddler bed.

This guy is giving kisses.  He's been doing for a while, but its taken me this long to realize what it is.  For the longest time, I thought his wide open mouth closing in on my forehead was his attempt to bite me.  Nope, its a kiss.  He's been giving them to Amos too.  That's actually how I first realized what he was doing.  And yes, it was about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

 I think Silas could be the new Batman.  He's got the tough face down.  Beware Villians!

And here's a look at Amos as the same age:



No comments:

Post a Comment