Sunday, August 4, 2013

silas john - week 40


Warning:  This post if filled with all kinds of cuteness.  Silas was a little ham for the camera this week (and Amos always is).

It's too hard for me to decide between one adorable picture and another.  Come on, I'm a mom!


Silas isn't a big fan of me switching up his place of sleeping.  At night, he's always in the crib, but I switch between the pack-n-play and crib for his nap.  He's had trouble falling asleep and I'm thinking this may be part of the reason.  Not sure what I'm going to do it about it yet.  I guess I'm still hoping he adjusts.

Silas started making the clicking noise with his tongue.  He loves it and does it all the time.  I remember when Amos started doing this.  It never ceases to amaze me how all babies are very different, but in some ways the same.

He's also does this.  And I love it.  Excuse the poor video.

On Wednesday, my wonderful husband gave me a Mom's Day Out.  He took care of the boys' breakfast while I slept in.  Then I spent the rest of the day out and about, taking my time going to all the places I wanted to go.  It was very refreshing.

Silas loves to eat.  He knows what his high chair means.  He knows what a bib means.  He knows what a snack box is.  And he's gets very excited.
 Amos loves to eat too, but you already knew that.

The highlight of our week was definitely Nana and Papa coming for a visit.  They got here Thursday night and didn't have to go home until Saturday evening.  That left lots of time for playing.





On Friday, we left the boys with Nana and Papa and headed to the river.  After a 4 year break, we were finally going kayaking together once again.  Babies have a way of doing that.  We couldn't have had a better day, or more beautiful float.  It was a total success.  We're already planning our next float.

Saturday was spent with Jason and Papa working in the garage getting it set up for coffee.  That left lots more time for coloring and cars with Nana.  Amos is hooked on coloring right now, and I love it.





We definitely enjoyed our time with Nana and Papa.  Can't wait to see them next.
 "Amos, smile."  This is what I get.
 Love seeing that little tooth!
 Luckily, I caught him laughing!
 Lots more pulling up this week.

 He also showed off his budding new skills of waving and clapping.  Nana and Papa got the first actual wave "bye bye" when they left.

Here's the Moose at the same age.

No comments:

Post a Comment