This has been a fun week, full of family and fellowship! We started the week by Jason going back to work Monday and Tuesday. Which meant that I was on my own with both boys! On Monday, Jason met up with a friend for coffee before school, so that meant two things. We didn't get to see him at all in the morning and NO COFFEE for Mom!!! Luckily, my wonderful friend Nyssa, surprised me with a drink from Starbucks! Not only that, but she came over for lunch the next day!
Wednesday Jason was off from work and we spent the morning getting ready for his family to arrive! We are so thankful for our time with them. It involved playing, biking, shopping, eating and great conversation. We were lucky to have them until Friday afternoon, so we really got to enjoy ourselves and not feel like our time together was rushed. Teigan, Amos and Emma had a fun time either playing with all the toys or taking walks outside.
Silas spent most of his time in someone's arms sleeping!
Speaking of sleep, he blessed me with a 6 1/2 hour stretch two nights this week! I'm hoping that this will soon become the norm!
The brothers got in a quick wrestling match!
On Saturday, we spent time in Kansas at my parents house. My brother flew back from California for Thanksgiving, so everyone was home. We started the day with an entire family Christmas photo shoot. Hopefully I'll have pictures to share soon. Amos would only sit still if he was eating cheese. Our photographer said that was the only time he took pictures holding onto actual cheese. The rest of our day was filled with games and food! Again, Silas and Priscilla spent most of their time sleeping while Josie and Amos had a blast running around together. I'm amazed at how well the sit and play together.
Silas seems to be growing like a weed. He's started losing his front hair, so I'm guessing he's really going to look like an old man soon. He's been a great sleeper too! I'm hoping that its not just new baby tiredness. At night, he does a good job eating and then heads back to dreamland so that Mom can too. He still sleeps really good in his car seat too. I can't remember when that changed for Amos, but here's to hoping that we have a car seat sleeper.
Here's Amos at 4 weeks.


No comments:
Post a Comment