People told me that Amos would be able to help when Silas arrived, but I didn't hold my breath. I had yet to view Amos as a little helper. He was more of a little destroyer. However, he really has WOWed me with his "helping", hence the title.
The first way he learned to help was throwing away the dirty diapers. He started throwing things away before Silas came along, but only started saying, "trash" when he saw a dirty diaper. I rarely have to throw a diaper away because Amos is always on it.
He also quickly learned about a burp cloth. He now recognizes them as they lay all around the house (I must thing I need a burp rag at arms reach anywhere in the house because they are everywhere) and will bring them to me. He tries to wipe Silas' mouth and occasionally Mom's and Dad's. I'm never at need for a burp cloth.
He'll let me know when Silas is crying by running to his door and saying "Shh" because we know we have to be quiet while Silas is sleeping.
And lastly, he can now be sent on missions. The other day I was giving Silas a bath and forgot to grab the towel from the bathroom. Jason was "indisposed", so I sent Amos to the bathroom where Dad gave him the towel and he brought it to me in the kitchen. Amos to the rescue!
Can't wait to see what he does next!
No comments:
Post a Comment