On Saturday, we went down to the lake for the last time of the summer. We've all had a lot of fun at the lake this year, but I'm looking forward to next summer when I WILL NOT be pregnant and can actually enjoy water activities. And can enjoy taking Amos on the tube, he may even learn how to ski, ha ha! The joke of the lake for years is how my dad can not control himself while driving people on the tube. He has this insatiable desire to throw someone off. However, now that he is Grandpa, he has supposedly turned over a new leaf. The only problem is that sometimes that leaf turns back over, especially when driving sons and son-in-laws! You can ask Jason about that.
On this particular trip, Amos caught a short nap on the way down. I always love when he falls asleep in his car seat, because I rarely "see" him sleeping so I'll practically watch him the entire time he's sleeping. Its amazing how big his eyes look when they're closed. Once we got there, he was ready to get out and explore. A lot of my family was already down, sitting on the deck enjoying the cooler weather. Amos had fun eyeing the dogs, but didn't want to get too close. They're a little too tricky for him. I didn't even need to bring him any toys because of all the new stuff to check out in the cabin.
There's window watching...
Large bear riding...
Running away from the large bear... (he couldn't decide if the bear was a friend or a foe)
The couch slide...
The challenge of wearing a life jacket and staying upright...
And Grammy!
I didn't get any pictures out on the water, but Amos had a fun time on the boat and in the water! He was worn out from his day and has slept good ever since!
Notice anything about this picture??
And I had to share this one as proof of 55 years of wedded bliss! That's Grandpa giving Grandma foot massage! And no, this picture is not posed, it actually happened!
We enjoyed spending Sunday at the park with our church for a picnic. And this took place Sunday evening! More pictures to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment