Monday, August 27, 2012

Two Free Projects for Two Little Boys

Both of these were free and easy!  I started and finished them both today and it's only 12:30.

Project #1 - Clothespin Drop - For Amos
I got this idea from this website.  All I needed was a clean 2-liter bottle, clothespins, paper towel, and package tape.  I happened to have all those on hand.  I cut out a square at the bottom of the pop bottle and padded the sharp edges with paper towel.  I want to add some fun duct tape, but that I will have to get at the store.  Amos and Asher caught onto the concept really fast and sat and played with them for quite a while this morning!



Project #2 - Upgrade the Moby - This one is for Baby Brother
Neither of these were original ideas.  Here's the detailed tutorial for this one.  When Amos was born, my mom had heard of a cheap and easy way to make a "Moby" wrap from jersey.  All you need is 6 yards of jersey material cut in half (so it makes at least two).  It worked perfect for Amos and was one of my favorite ways to wear him.  Yesterday I spotted this tutorial on Pinterest and knew I could do it.  All I did was add a colorful panel to the middle of my pretty plain gray wrap.  It took about 40 minutes from start to finish.  Best part was, I already had a ton of material to choose from because of all of Amos' weekly pictures!  I tried putting Amos in it, but he's a little big, and I'm a little big, so you'll have to wait for finished pictures until Baby Brother comes a long!




2 comments:

  1. Oh these are GREAT ideas!!! Also I believe I have all the supplies here at my home :-) my son Judah would love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the best part about this project! No extra money. And Amos caught on really quick! Hope you guys have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete