Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Pointer


Amos has been so much fun this week.  I think it helps that Dad’s around most of the time too these days.  With his new freedom, Amos follows us around wherever we go.  If we enter our bedroom, he makes a mad dash for the treadmill.  He loves climbing on that thing.  We have to remember to keep off limit room’s doors closed, because he is a little explorer. 




Early in the week, I finally washed off these ball pit balls that I picked up at a flea market.  We filled Amos’ playpen and let him have at it.



Amos’s new favorite thing is finger pointing.  He points at things in books.  He points at buttons and anything circular.  He points or pokes at people’s eyes.  He points at himself.   So if you see him pointing your way, take it as a compliment.

For the last two weeks he’s been working on standing up on his own.  As of now, he’s mastered it.  He can officially stand up with no help, from anything.



Another neat thing he’s started is answering his play telephone.  I’ll make the ringing sound and as if cued, he puts the phone to his ear and says, “Haho!”  I think that’s hello.

Check out the awesome Dwight hair!
 He does this new thing where he sniffs at everything.  He thinks it is hilarious.  Here he is mid sniff.

We turned around one day to find him sitting on top of Jason's guitar case.

This weekend was filled with family as Jason’s parents and brother and his family came down for the weekend.  They watched Amos Friday night so that we could go to a wedding in Springfield and then we all headed down to Grand Lake on Saturday for some fun. 

After getting on the interstate, I realized I forgot my camera, so you will just have to imagine the fun pictures we would have if I hadn’t.  It was a beautiful day on the water.  Amos spent a little time riding in the boat and swimming with Daddy, but most of his time up in the cabin with Grandma and his cousin Emma.  My parents came down too, so Amos got to see both sets of grandparents. 

In other news, after coming back from vacation, Jason found out that he does not have the job he was offered before leaving.  This leaves him with a contract with the Joplin school district, but no position.  He is looking into possibilities here, but he is also applying for jobs in other areas.  We don’t really know what is in store and ask for prayers of wisdom and guidance as we seek the Lord with our future.

Bonus: New curtain pictures.  We bought a shower curtain from Target and I made curtains.  Jason hung them up!  





No comments:

Post a Comment