Tuesday, June 5, 2012

He's always changing


So much can change in 8 days.  Since arriving at home, Jason and I have been noticing differences in Amos from the time we left.  Being gone allowed us the opportunity to see the very small and large changes that happen in a week. 

The first thing we noticed was how big he was.  This one is a given, but it sure seemed like he went from a baby to a little boy in that short time. 

Then it was obvious to see how much better he had become at walking.  He was choosing to walk rather than crawl and covered large distances. Check out these dirty, walking feet.



While watching all the walking, we saw that his feet, which were previously very duck footed, were turning back in.  The doctor said this would happen as he began to walk more, and he was right.

Less noticeable things were the fact that he was talking to himself a lot more.  Once we got him home, he was constantly having conversations with himself while he played.  We were not allowed to interrupt though.  Also, he seemed to smile more.  We think this is because he is more aware of what’s going on, and when he is “expected” to smile.  It’s funny to see our little guy break out into a sympathy smile while Daddy is trying to make him laugh.  Like this one:


The last small thing I noticed was his control over individual fingers.  He’s had pretty good hand control for a while, but now he can suck things off individual fingers or he will stare at them and move the ones he wants to.


As far as nighttime sleep and naps, it was like we weren’t even gone!  I appreciate that everyone who watched him helped him stay on schedule.  I think he naps better now than he did before.  He definitely eats more.  At dinner the other night, Jason thought he ate more than me.

This week, Jason and I have been getting back on schedule ourselves.  We’ve actually been pretty busy this week.  My parents came a visited on Friday evening.  Then, Jason ran in the 10K War Eagle Trail Run on Saturday.  His goal was to not finish last.  This is funny considering his actually place was 33 of 150 some.  He said it was perfect weather for a run and he’s ready to do another.  Sunday he lead worship and I taught Sunday school.

Amidst all this, we’ve baby proofed the majority of our house.  I put Amos’ barricades away and he now has free reign of everything except bedrooms (minus his) and bathrooms.  The major task was putting stops on the cabinets.  I think it’s going to take me a while to get use to this.  Amos loves his new freedom. 




We love being back home, especially since it is still summer break here!  And Amos is more fun now than ever.  However, along with his blooming personality come mini fits.  He can burst into sobs one minute and the next be laughing.  He’s always changing.



He sure is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment