Conrad is serious bizness about Christmas cookie decorating!
We started the week with the Joplin Christmas Parade. We came a little earlier and little more prepared than we normally do. For one, we sat closer to the start of the parade. In previous years, we are almost always done being there by the time the parade finally makes it to us. Sitting at the Gryphon building also provided access to hot chocolate and bathrooms.
We at our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while waiting for the parade to start.
This little one was the warmest of us all, I'm sure. All the lights mesmerized him. Ivan is very big into the lights this year and he just kept telling me when he saw them.
Conrad has fully transitioned the the four hour schedule. He's up with us longer and has started joining us at things he's normally sleeping for. Like reading time on the couch. He's so laid back it's usually hasn't been a problem, except when Ivan realizes that Mom's hands are ALWAYS full. Ivan's on the brink of BIG kid. He can't decide if he wants to run with the big brothers are be held by Mom. I'm okay with that. I'm holding on as long as I can.
Speaking of BIG brothers. He's got two great ones. The scene below happens often. And just as often, it's preceded by yelling and hitting. But they don't hold grudges.
Mr. Man! Jumping man.
You can only sort of tell in this picture, but I think Conrad may be my first son who doesn't have deep chocolate brown eyes. He might take a little more after his Mom with a hazel-ly mix. We shall see.
This boy is always into something. Very creative Ivan, very creative.
Lot's of sitting and playing with toys for this guy. Ivan's normally somewhere close, but for the most part he leaves him alone now, or he comes up and tries to "hold" him.
Then on Saturday, the boys (except Conrad) headed to Lebanon for the weekend. And Mama stayed home! It was so weird to be in my house alone (Conrad doesn't count. He sleeps a lot.)
My friend joined me in the evening and we had a blast celebrating the season together! We don't get to hang out near enough, but when we do, we have a blast. I went to bed at 1am. And I honestly, do not know when that last happened.
This new week has already started and we are filling it with some of our favorite Christmas traditions. Christmas cookies, looking at lights, christmas movies....




No comments:
Post a Comment