We've had a crazy fun week, full of lots of birthday celebrating! We like to make birthdays a pretty big deal around our house. Tuesday was full to the brim from Birthday pancakes to birthday spankings, and everybody got in on it. Plus haircuts!
Conrad had been fighting sleep all week long. I thought maybe he was ready for longer wake time, but that didn't seem to be helping. He would just lay in his rock and play, not crying, but not sleeping. It was rather frustrating. And now I think it was a wonder week. I vaguely remembered these from the previous boys, and sure enough, week 8-9 is where they are recognizing patterns and have trouble going to sleep. Nailed it.
His not sleeping during the day came in handy Sunday night where he slept for just over 9 hours! And I went to sleep when he did, so we both slept that long!!!
He's seems to have a cold currently. I'm definitely more on high alert with him than I was with the other two boys and early colds. Hoping this one passes without any complications. Come on breast milk! Do your duty! And now he's sleeping like a champ. In fact, he's hard to wake up. I think he's tired from fighting off the cold.
Conrad joined me on my run to the store this week. It was just him and me and he was good company. All his smiles made the trip fly by. I think his brothers think he's a keeper.
Saturday brought the big birthday party. We were a little worried that the Hiking part of it might get rained out, but luckily the forecast was wrong! It was super hot instead. All the Dad's a big kiddos headed out and the moms stayed for conversation and iced coffee. Do you see what I did there?
The kids received the mission and found their maps. They headed to the trail to hunt for clues! They were very success and found the treasure. They returned just in time for lunch and cake! It was definitely a good day, spent with friends.
And Sunday brought...you guessed it...more cake!
HOW? How does he look so old???
A WATCH!!! Amos, what time is it?
This week is WORK WEEK at the Vance house. It's just about as exciting as Christmas here, for me! We are tackling most of our Summer To Dos and I'm loving it. And I have a WONDERFUL husband who loves me! We're putting in a swing set, moving our carport, finally cleaning out the basement and ending the week with a party involving both our dads and lots of power tools!!! Such fun! I'll hopefully have lots of finished project pictures to show next week! Stay tuned!









No comments:
Post a Comment