Tuesday, June 14, 2016

conrad jay - week 5

Last Tuesday was spent in Kansas with family. We were celebrating my dad's graduation and enjoying cousin time. With my sister living in Chanute now, we don't get near as much time with them. So we soaked it all up. Here are the newest cousins enjoying time together. Can't you tell? Give 'em a year and I'm sure they'll keep us on our toes.
It's not a visit to Grammy and Gramps house in the summer without a trip to their local pool. This is the summer Amos learns to swim. He did a great job at their pool and is determined to do it. He is nothing if not determined.
We hit up the park with our local PAT on Thursday. They invited to ice cream truck to join us, and everyone got free ice cream. That was a BIG hit! Ivan was red and blue for the rest of the day.
The boys have been doing a great job adjusting to a new brother, but they still need a little extra Mom time. So even though I planned to be done with a set aside "school time" for the summer, we've re-initiated it and it seems to be just what we needed. Here's Amos plate from our nature hunt.
I cam into the room and found Silas chatting with Conrad in his swing. He loves his new brother. And when I got out the camera, Ivan had to get in on the action. That swing doesn't even need a odor. There's always someone willing to push it.
What does summer mean? American Ninja Warrior. Time to set up the old obstacle course.
Ivan eventually got in on the action. And this water is the color of mud today.

And that's been our week. Conrad started the week with a six hour stretch on Tuesday night, but has since waken more often. I'll sleep again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment