Friday, March 18, 2016

friday picture recap

I've been in "get things done" mode, with a side of "I'm so tired," and the blog hasn't made it onto the list.  We've had some really fun times these last two weeks though, and I thought I would just catch up with some of our pictures.

Grammy and Gramps came over to deliver new bunk beds to us, and then treated us to dinner and ice cream!  Plus, the beautiful weather meant time outside.  Side note:  this was our first time at Freddy's and we really enjoyed it!  We'll be back.


Our little daredevil is at it again!


We spent some time at the library.  It's so fun to play with new toys and pick out some books.  Plus we got some good audio books for time in the car.  We've been enjoying the original Winnie the Pooh this week.  I crack up along with the boys.


Ivan joined me for a visit to the doctor.  Here he is playing doctor while we waited.  Everything looks good with Conrad.  8 weeks to go.  It seems like it is rushing toward me.  But I'm also getting bigger and more tired, so maybe time will start slowing down soon....

A little brotherly love during our school time.  Ivan always wants to join in.  He'll slide a chair all the way over and climb on up.



We're creating things...literally and artistically.



I slipped away for a girls day in KC last weekend which involved IKEA, Trader Joe's, Mardels and eating out without my children.  Amos helped me put together all the things on Sunday.   He's really becoming a BIG helper.


Another science experiment.  This one was pretty cool.  The penny represented us.  The red water was sin.  Our lives are completely covered by sin.  The candle was Jesus and we lit it to represent his life.  Then we put the glass over the candle which put out the light -his death- and then all the water was sucked into the glass, leaving the penny dry.  Jesus took our sin on himself so we could be clean.  And it worked!!

Some St. Patrick's Day fun with PAT.  Ivan wasn't so sure he wanted it on it.  He understands so much these days and tries to communicate back.  Amos is always amazed with any new words Ivan starts saying.  It's fun to have fresh eyes looking at brother's development.  We celebrate when he says shoes or socks and then goes and gets them!


We, of course, were outside a lot with the beautiful weather.  And I finally switched over the clothes from long sleeves to short.  Good thing I held some warmer clothes back.  It was quite the job because I was cleaning out clothes too.  I've wanted to pair down all the clothes for a while, and now was the time.  I think we are down to about half of what we had.  

Ivan's helping in the yard.


And lastly, a little St. Patrick's green. I may have stressed the whole pinching deal a little too much, because Amos was pretty worried about it.  No pinching around here though.


And this really great picture (wink, wink) doesn't show it, but we had green waffles for dinner.  Daddy was gone at Parent Teacher Conferences, so we made dinner really easy and green!!

That's it for now. I'll try to do better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment