-Amos got the flu-
If you read last week's update, you already knew this, but Amos came down with the flu right before the weekend. And not just stomach bug stuff. Mouth swabbed, Influenza confirmed. We started Tami-flu that day, but he was pretty bad. He also happens to be my most dramatic sick-o. We quarantined him down in the playroom and filled his time with lots of laying around and watching Disney movies on VHS. I knew those would come in handy sometime.
-Silas got the flu-
We thought we were doing a good job of keeping Amos isolated. Eating at different times, and even sleeping in a different room, but the inevitable happened. Silas had a fever. Tami-flu to the rescue. I don't know if we just caught it early enough, but he never seemed to get as bad as Amos or...
This was Sunday morning. Not pictured is all the laughing and coughing that took place.
-Ivan got the flu-
Sunday night poor little Ivan started acting sick and spiked a fever. We had a very rough night that even involved him in our bed. He hated sleeping with us and eventually ended up sleeping for a little bit in his pack-n-play. Not sure if I slept that night or not. Monday was still pretty rough, but the Tami-flu must have started kicking in because he slept a lot better Monday night - thankfully. I was definitely starting to get worn-down.
-Amos wakes up with one eye swollen?!?-
And wouldn't you guess that Amos walked down Monday morning with his eye looking like this.
What's that? He was the one that was getting better. He still seemed a lot better and had no fever, but what's with the eye. After a visit to the doctor, again. We found out that sometimes infections can set in around an eye. That's what we guessed happened, and started him on some antibiotics. It's no longer swollen and he seems pretty much back to himself.
-Fever free-
As of Thursday, everybody is fever free. We're all still a little worn-out and taking good naps, but I think we are through with the flu.
Friday rolled around and everyone still had their lingering cough, but being fever free for over 24 hours, we decided it was the perfect day for a picnic at the park. It actually felt weird to get everyone in the car and go somewhere. That shows how longs its been.
This one has no fear.
And then we took a walk around the trail.
I'm planning on venturing out on my own tonight to refresh a little. Target here I come. It has been a long week!
Friday rolled around and everyone still had their lingering cough, but being fever free for over 24 hours, we decided it was the perfect day for a picnic at the park. It actually felt weird to get everyone in the car and go somewhere. That shows how longs its been.
This one has no fear.
And then we took a walk around the trail.
I'm planning on venturing out on my own tonight to refresh a little. Target here I come. It has been a long week!











No comments:
Post a Comment