We're into week 2 of back to school after Christmas break. We've been taking it pretty easy for the most part and have enjoyed our time back into normal and rhythms. Here's our top 5 for the week...
-Our Rhythms-
Jason and I like to sit down before going into a new season and plot out some rhythms we want to shape our time and our week. One of our rhythms is family worship night. This grainy picture shows all our musical talent and I'll let you imagine the sound on your own. Amos knows some new songs from church and he gets so excited when we sing them all together at home.
-Roller Skating-
Our Parents As Teachers does a great job putting together fun activities for the kiddos in the community. This is the second year we have participated in the Roller Skating day. My sweet friend, Nyss,a offered to watch Ivan so these two and I were rolling all over the place. They had a blast, yet again. Amos titled this day "Best Day Ever."
-Playdates-
Being in town a couple times this week meant lots of playing with friends. And chatting for Moms! Amen. New scenery and new people can make a BIG difference some days. We stayed home all day on Wednesday and Amos came in and told me that this wasn't his funn-est day. I had to let him in on the secret that some days are going to be like that. Amen?
Sidenote: this little man is ALL about closing doors. If it is opened, it should be closed and used to play peek-a-boo!
Sidenote: this little man is ALL about closing doors. If it is opened, it should be closed and used to play peek-a-boo!
-Beautiful Weather-
I continue to be "blown away" by how beautiful the weather is right now. We have been outside getting refreshed for most of the week. It is amazing the difference it makes. Ivan is loving using his new skills at walking to maneuver uneven ground. He thinks he's pretty big stuff.
-Homeschool Planning-
As of right now, we are planning on homeschooling Amos next year instead of sending him off to kindergarten. I've been busy researching, brainstorming and planning this week. It's definitely a life-giving endeavor for me and I'm loving it.
Jason has been really busy this week with school, school and church. Yes, that was two schools. He's starting a new program through PSU to certify him in TeSOL. He's been really excited about it and now we're jumping right in.
We are ready for a fun weekend at home! Maybe the weather will stay nice a little bit longer.








No comments:
Post a Comment