- Chick-fi-la with Mom -
After a Saturday of being at home without Dad for most of the day, we loaded up the car and headed to Chick-fi-la. We used our Chick-fi-la card and ate for ALMOST nothing! Score. And then we got some crazies out in the play area and made it home just before Dad arrived! Score.
- New Member's Sunday -
We officially became members of our new church, Christ Church of Joplin, on Sunday. We had already gone through a Introduction class and me with our pastor, but it became official on Sunday and the church welcomed us. Being in a place of transition is hard, but we have definitely felt the Lord directing us and are excited, happy, nervous, and expectant about the place the Lord has us in now.
-Firefly Class-
We started the week off with a bang with homeschool with the Corcoran's and then trying out a new local preschool time called FireFlys. We split up our kids into age groups and took them on two different days. The kiddos had a blast and it was fun to get out in this cold weather and do something different. I got to go with the older two, MaKenna and Amos.
-New Baby-
I haven't mentioned much about Baby #4 on here. But, he has a name. It's Conrad. This is the first time we have ever known what we are naming our child before going to the hospital. And it's fun. We talk about Conrad. We pray for Conrad. We talk to Conrad. And Amos includes him when he is telling stories. It is sooo fun! Conrad means 'bold counselor". How cool is that? That would definitely be our prayer for him. We are not sure of his middle name, but it will start with a J and most likely one syllable. Because I like similarities. Amos Jack, Silas John, Ivan Jude, and Conrad???? Suggestions?
He's nice and healthy in my stomach. The weeks are flying by. It's a good thing I get a weekly e-mail, or I would have no idea how far along I am...somewhere past half-way?? Due date is May 12th and I am constantly praying that he will not be bigger than Ivan (9lbs 6 oz). Join me in that prayer please.
We're all really excited about him, except for maybe Ivan, but he doesn't know that yet. More to come.
-My men -
Boys, boys boys! They are so fun! The littlest one has been walking everywhere with his hands behind his back. It's one of the cutest things ever. He's like my little butler following me around.
His other big thing this week is dropping that morning nap. Halelujah...hold me. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it is happening. He's awake more and we are learning how to entertain the monster. Jason said THE funniest thing to me last night. He was trying to read with the older boys and came and told me that Ivan was being really distracting...ha.ha.ha. I said, "Welcome to our day!"
Here's one method of entertainment. Take everything out of the cabinet and bring it to the stairs. I kept seeing him leave the room with the bowls and decided to follow him. He was pretty proud of this creation on the stairs.
And then there's this. You probably can't tell, but all the boys are up in their room with Dad on the bed. This was last night while I was getting dinner ready and it made my insides warm. Can I get an AMEN for Dad time! I love it, they love it. All around win!
Jesus calms the storm this week. The ones in our hearts and the ones on the water. This can be re-enacted with foil bots and lego men!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment