So I got a little half smile out of him. Even though he is now smiling all the time, I have yet to catch a really good one on camera. My camera is always out of arms reach and who wants to get up and get it when this cutie is flirty with you?
Jason went back to work this week and I felt somewhat ready for it. I had planned out some new things to do with the boys and give them a little more structure and I had worked it all around Ivan's eating schedule. Of course, come Monday morning, Ivan decided to grow again and has been eating around the clock since. The first few days were really frustrating, because I wasn't sure what the problem was - reflux, growth spurt, milk supply, bad sleep habits.... the list goes on. That's the newborn phase for ya! By Wednesday I was pretty sure it was a growth spurt with possible milk supply issues. Currently my supply seems fine, but were still in a funk. I'm kinda just going with and hoping we get back to the old normal soon. And God's teaching me through it. His plans and purposes, not mine!
In other news, my family came over on Saturday to celebrate an early birthday with me. And they brought Chinese! As always, the cousins had a blast together. Sometimes I can't believe how old these two are. They were just the little babies everyone took turns holding. And now look at them...
And here are the other goof balls. They have a love hate relationship.
Ivan caught sight of his hand this week. And definitely enjoys time on the activity mat or anywhere else he can just look up and gaze at something. One of his favorite spots is in front of the mirror or looking out all our windows.
Whoever decided to put those bears on babies' bottoms was a genius. Amos and I think it's the cutest thing. He always asks to see if Ivan has something on his bottom.
Well hello handsome!
All and all, we've had a really great week. Jason has left me a little something something each day for my birthday week and I've have felt much love from the people I love. When asked what Amos was going to give me for my birthday he said, "I think maybe some of my old toys. No wait, Mom's don't like toys. Maybe a new couch." Check!
Lastly, I started exercising again this week. And, oh how I wish I could go back in time about 4 months and tell myself not to stop doing those squats. Going up and down stairs has been torture! Feel the burn!









No comments:
Post a Comment