The weekend started with going to see Mom's Night Out with my sister, Mom and some friends. I only watched a short preview and was more excited about hanging out than the actual movie. However, I was pleasantly surprised by LOVING the movie. From the first line to the last, I was laughing my head off. Literally. I don't think that I've EVER laughed so hard in a movie. It seemed like it was written exactly for me to and I related perfectly to all the humor. What helped was that it was written by Christians. I honestly didn't know this before going in and it took me about half-way through the movie to confirm it. It was very well done. The main character was a Mom trying to love Jesus, but also trying to "be enough" for everyone on her own. I can relate. And in the end the message wasn't, DO BETTER, or TRY HARDER, but RELY ON JESUS! How refreshing! Just what I needed and even worth staying up past 10 pm. Side note: I also came home to all dinner dishes done and counters cleaned! Awww!
The next day was even better. Some women from our church gathered together to encourage each other after a semester of studying 123 John. The fact that the Get-together fell on Mother's Day weekend wasn't intentional and actually kept some women from joining, but for me it made so much sense! The food was DELICIOUS (Panera), the fellowship was WONDERFUL, and the encouragement was SPIRIT-FILLED. There's nothing like sharing what God's doing in me and hearing how God is working in others! I am blessed to know these women!!!
I came home and found this note on the chalkboard. "Happy Mom's Weekend! No cooking, No diapers, No Dishes!"
Somehow Jason had trained Amos to change Silas' diaper! Ha! Just kidding. After naps, we filled the small swimming pool and Amos enjoyed splashing around in the freezing water while we watched him. I guess the previous late night took more out of me then I thought because as soon as I tucked Amos into bed, I came back and crashed on the couch. It was 7:45. After moving to the bedroom, I didn't wake until 7:15 the next morning. I blame pregnancy.
Leftover Panera provided a yummy Sunday breakfast. And I was presented with my Mother's Day Cards. Neither of us had responsibilities at church, so we were able to worship and learn together that morning! We had also decided to share our news of expecting baby #3. It's fun to have a second family to share wonderful news with.
Mom was craving soup and salad from Olive Garden but after hearing about a hour wait, my craving subsided! I was satisfied with my favorite shrimp dish from Red, Hot and Blue. Everyone then napped, except for Dad. I woke up to him cleaning the kitchen and unloading the dishwasher. I really was quite spoiled. The weekend ended with a trip to the park, dinner and drive around looking at houses.
I love being a Mommy!




No comments:
Post a Comment