Saturday, March 29, 2014
silas john - month 17
This guy is so much fun! Yes, I know I say that every month, but it's true again. Here's a little more detail about each tidbit above.
1. Silas can put away fruits and veggies, but when it comes to meat, he normally only takes a bite. Amos has always loved meat, so I was expecting this. Hopefully it's something he'll grow out of.
2. Silas still loves to bring me his shoes to put on. However, now it's at random times of the day and he usually only brings me one. So most of the time he's got "one shoe on and on shoe off"!
3. Finally, he doesn't just laugh his head off when I tell him "no." He doesn't always listen, but he is getting the hang at it. I think he's more naturally compliant than Amos was, but these words may come back to bite me.
4. I don't know if it's only due to watching Amos pretend, but Silas loves to pretend like things are eating us, or that he's eating some pretend food.
5. Haircut number who-knows-what this month. This boy's hair grows fast. Luckily it's curly and mess-ups aren't that obvious.
6. This guy's face tells it all. He's got the pout, the grump, the "I've been offended", the "I'm so excited I'm about to wet my pants!" And I'm sure he'll being using his smile against me in the future.
7. He's got so many new words this month, but his two favorite are "Mama" and "nack" (snack). "Mama" can be used to mean most anything. He uses it when Amos has something he wants, he uses it when he wants something up high; basically he thinks I'm his servant.
8. After major boo boos, Silas now heads over my way for a kiss. This is something I created, but I don't regret.
9. Silas hears everything and is always the first one to the door when someone is here. He's our little watchdog and is always the first one to know if Daddy is home.
10. The last few park days have revealed that Silas has no fear on the slide. After making it up on his own, he then proceeded to roll over and go down on his belly, and just today he tried to slide down on his feet. I'm going to have to watch that one closely
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment