Sunday, March 2, 2014

silas john - 16 months


1.  Amos was never much of a wrestler, but this guy sure is.  All that needs to happen is someone to be on the floor and it is wrestling time.

2.  He's been working on all 4 molars for a while and the top two have finally broken through!  Teething is so hard.

3.  That's right.  The boys are back together.  It is going much better than the last time we tried it.  The first few days were really rough and we still have some bad days, but this was a good time to do and I think they are both at a good age for it.

4.  The splits have become his favorite move.  I think the Olympics brought on this skill, because now he likes to move to the middle of the floor and slowing go down into the splits.  A huge smile on his face the whole time.

5.  He loves to get outside and go places - anywhere.  His new trick is to bring me his shoes and then his jacket.  He knows he needs those before he can leave the house.

6.  He'll sit a read by himself, or bring them to us, but he loves to be reading.  If Amos is reading, then he can not be left out.

7.  Once I really stopped to listen, I realized Silas is saying so many words.  But he also likes to repeat what we say too.  Amos was never much of a mimic.  In fact, if we said it, he probably wouldn't.  But Silas is the opposite.  He likes to repeat what we say.

8.  There are certain books that I pretend to cry while reading and Silas just looks at me, waiting for the tears to come.  He can barely contain his laughter.

9.  That's right, he's learning the art of throwing a fit.  I realize we are still in the mini-fit stage, but there are times that he just bursts into tears because he didn't get what he wanted.

10.  However, most of the time he is just as happy and content as can be.  I don't know if it is just a second child thing, but he just loves to sit and play by himself.

I remember loving this age with Amos and the same is true for Silas!  15-16 months are one of my favorite ages!  Their little personalities are bursting out and they are still happy all the time.  18 months was a rough phase for Amos, so I'm just soaking all this love in!

No comments:

Post a Comment