Wednesday, December 11, 2013

snow days and cookies

Cookies were already in the plan for Friday, it just worked out extra nice that Daddy was home to help.  Cookies and snow days go well together.
Amos surprised me with his rolling skills.  I need to get him in the kitchen more often.
 Poor Silas, he spent his time down here.

Thanks to the Karnes family, we were set with snow gear!  I think Amos may have acquired some of my planning skills.  He knows what need to happen to get himself out in the snow and he repeats it until its accomplished.  I need my sweatshirt on...my socks.... my socks.... my socks.... my pants.... coat... where's my hat?....I need my gloves.  And he's out.
 He took a spill, that apparently distorted his face, at least for this picture.

 Silas even got out in this business.  This was his take on it.

He spent the rest of the time watching.
Going exploring.
Time to finish the cookies.  These are my favorite sugar cookies and must be made every year.  But only ONCE every year.  I don't even want to tell you how much butter they contain.
We got a surprise visit from Grammy and Gramps Friday night.  They came over and spent the night.  Grammy brought over a couple of new toys and entertained them all night.



Our second snow day even produced a snowman!

No comments:

Post a Comment