Sunday, June 23, 2013

silas john - week 34


We've got some "crawling" action going on this week.  What's motivated him, you ask?  Cheerios!  His method looks similar to the breast stroke.  He' finally made the connection that he can get somewhere by using it.

Cheerios are about the only thing he wants to eat this week.  At first I thought he didn't want to eat homemade baby food, so I tried store bought.  He ate that a little better, but has now refused it too.  The only thing I can get him to put in his mouth is real food, especially Cheerios.

We spent the first half of the week at my parents house while Jason was gone on a school trip.  The boys loved all the attention and I enjoyed three extra helpers and no house to clean during nap time.

See any resemblance?

We spent two afternoons at the local pool!  Small town pools are so nice.  They are not crowded and have an actual baby pool!  Amos loved the pool and by the end was blowing bubbles and jumping in.  Silas was not as fond.  It had just rained, so the water was a bit cool the first day.  He's a warm bath water kind of guy, so the next afternoon was more his temp.

 Silas' day 1 attitude:
Silas' day 2 attitude:






We also got to visit my cousin and her kiddos one afternoon.  They've turned their backyard into kid heaven with a huge swing set, play house, and crick running through it.  Needless to say, Amos had a ball.  Silas hung out napping for most the time.





 Yeah, if you've hung around Amos much, you know he likes shoes.  Especially girl shoes!

On Thursday, Silas woke up with a fever and diarrhea.  Although not fun, it was pretty short lived, which makes me think it might be associated with teething.  I keep hoping one week I'll get to say that he has a tooth.  But not yet!

Silas finally figured out it was summer and has been sleeping til 7:30 again!  He's got a blanket now that he wallers all night long.

No comments:

Post a Comment