I haven’t talked about this
in a while, but I can’t believe how big my baby is. I’m not going to be able to call him that much longer. There’s not much baby left. It’s sad, but it’s wonderful. It’s fun,
but it’s hard. I guess that’s just
life for you.
EATING:
Amos’ new thing is to gag
himself to the point of throwing up a couple of times if he doesn’t like the
taste of something. At first we
thought he was sick because he did twice in one day. We quickly realized that he was intentionally doing and are
trying to put a fast stop to it.
He’s also been eating
something else lately.
PLAYING:
Pretend play is where it’s at
this month. The pig eats the
food. The baby gets a bottle. The monkey needs to hang on his
bed. Come to find out, kids
pretend play what they know. Makes
sense. I’ve been trying to model
some new play ideas and then letting him take the lead. Amos had an older friend over this week
and I think they were in their room “pretend playing” together. What fun!
Speaking of his room, it’s a
happening spot. Everyone is
invited into his room, except for Mom when he’s got a friend over. He needs his privacy.
With his new bed, he’s
climbing, hanging and jumping a lot more. And he’s getting more daring. High chairs can be scaled, trees should be climbed and the
fridge is a ladder. Jumping has
really taken off this month too.
He’ll jump and then invite us to jump. He’s getting ready for jumping into the pool soon.
He’s all boy. Rocks, dirt, and sand are to be played
with and tasted. At my grandpa’s
birthday, Amos was caught giving his cousin Josie a taste. Yum!
DISCPLINE:
“I’m sorry” is now part of
Amos’ vocabulary. He may not
always know what it means, but he’s getting good practice using it. I must use it a lot when I bump into
him, because now when we bump, he says it.
“Okay” and “all done” are
other frequent expressions. When he throws a fit, we tell him he needs to be
“all done” or he’ll go to his room.
On the way to his room, he tries to throw an “all done” or “okay” in
there to get out of the consequence. Like I’ve said before, he’s ornery. I’m glad that using his room as a time
out area has not dampened his love to play in it.
PERSONALITY:
So we’ve got a little bossier
on our hands. I have no idea who
he gets this from (wink, wink).
He’ll form 3 or 4 step plans and then make sure they happen. For example: “I want to go outside and
play with the ball.” 1) Get someone to put my shoes on me. 2) Find a ball. 3)
Sneak out while the door is open. 4) If they catch me, just stand by the door
and throw the ball out so eventually they’ll give up and take me out
there. True story.
SLEEPING:
Same old, same old here. It’s so nice how consistent Amos’ sleep
is, especially with Silas, crazy cat changing on us all the time.
No problems with the big boy bed. He now has more room for stuffed animals and blankets. Most of the time I can't see him under all of his animals.
LEARNING:
This month Amos has been
learning how to do some “chores.”
We practice making his bed (pulling up the blanket and lining up his
stuffed animal), putting his clothes in the laundry basket,
picking up toys and wiping up spills.
He thinks it’s a ton of fun.
Other things we’ve worked on
is counting, ABCs, patterns, and colors.
No great progress, but we have fun while doing it. Who knows how much that little head of
his is soaking up?
COMMUNICATION:
Friends’ names are part of
his everyday vocabulary. The other
morning at the table he listed off all the friends that we were going to see
that day. If he’s drinking milk,
then Josie is drinking milk, Ace is drinking milk and Scout is drinking
milk. Inanimate objects are thrown
in now and again too. His 2 and 3
word sentences are taking off.
Another reason why he’s so big:
babies don’t talk, and this guy does.
LITTLE BROTHER:
Silas is becoming more of a companion
for Amos rather than a toy. Amos
wants Silas to do everything with him.
And now they can do things together: baths, eating, drinking, reading
books.


















No comments:
Post a Comment