Last 4th of July, I woke up in the middle of the night only to discover our little baby (Amos Jack) was ready to come out. How did I know? My water broke.
Fast forward to this 4th of July! After fun and fireworks at the Loy's we went upstairs to get our sleeping baby from the room he was staying in. It's always a fight to see who gets to get him out of his pack and play and who has to take down the pack and play. This is one of the rare times when Amos might be cuddly, so we both always want to do it. I won out this time, and as I sneaked into the room, the first thing I saw when I peeked over the side was a bare bottom sticking up into the air. I started laughing and pointed it out to Jason who them proceeded to bust up too. None of our laughing roused Amos from his deep sleep, so we decided to turn the light on and use our phone to snap a quick picture.
That's when we saw it. Did you catch it? The poop. I picked him up and there was poop all over his feet, belly, hands and yes, face! Not to mention his blankets and bedding. I quickly gave him a bit of a spit bath in the tub and Jason wadded up his bedding to take to the car. Amos didn't know what to think of this brutal wake up, but once cleaned and freshly diapered, he fell right back to sleep on the way home.
I wonder what next 4th of July will involve!

No comments:
Post a Comment