Monday, February 6, 2012

7 Months, yesterday


7 Months really snuck up on me.  For a while I had been looking forward to him being six months old. So many people had told me how much fun they are at six months and how their personality really starts to come alive.  I guess I had been enjoying all those things so much that when Jason casually made the comment, "He's going to be 7 months old next week," I was shocked.  I thought, "No, that's still a ways off." But sure enough, I checked the calendar and he was right.

This month has been full of new things.  He started the month by really eating food.  We'd been dabbling in it before, but we decided to get down to business.  He loved real food - all kinds.  Early on he started to practice crawl.  It was obvious that he wanted to move so badly.  Last week, he finally got his wish and is now on the move.  He can anticipate things, so he loves games like "Peek-A-Boo" and "Where is Amos."  Later on in the month, the allusive first tooth popped out. It's got a friend, but we haven't seen him yet.  Amos' first sickness happened this month too.  Luckily it was pretty minor, but still not fun.

Its been a really fun month.  Everyone was right, he has "come alive".  But, the best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment