Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Anticipation


We've had a restful few days this past week.  With the snow and cold weather last week, Amos and I stayed inside for the most part.  I finally feel like were back to normally from the holiday crazy-ness!  Amos and I are back in our groove.  Although, Amos' grove is always changing.  He can't quite decide if he is ready to go to a four hour schedule, or if he wants to take all three naps.  Luckily he's still pretty happy, no matter what he chooses.

Still trying to crawl.  Lots of time spent like this with some swiveling - rocking - scootching action going on.

During this restful week, I've had quite a bit of time to just sit and watch him play.  One of my new favorite things about play time is that he involves me!  Pretty recently he's started anticipating things.  If one thing happens, he knows something else is going to happen.

On the changing table, he squeals before I blow on his stomach because when I suck my breath all in, he's knows that's coming next.

If he's playing in the living room and sees me coming towards him he's starts holding his breath and waving his arms.  This is the way he prepares for Mommy Kisses.



If I unfasten his safety buckles, on anything, he arches his back and propels himself forward.  I've learned to be ready.  Speaking of safety harness, check out our latest eating endeavors.

If Daddy is holding him, he knows it climbing time and promptly begins scaling up Dad's chest.  The funny thing is that he never tries to do this on me!



He now knows that if he wants to stand up, all he has to do is reach for our hands and pull himself up.  And if he is standing, he wants to be standing in front of his activity table.  That thing makes music and lights up - perfect for pounding on!

Here's his pounding face.

Action shot.

Crying ensues when he leaves his activity table.

His carseat is where Mr. Frog lives, and as soon as he is in it, he starts looking for it.

A bowl and spoon mean FOOD.  Commence the lip smacking and tongue licking.  Also, bib means scrunch up my neck and turn away.  He hates the bib.

I love carrots.

I hate fruit!  He's getting better.

Love me a chicken breast.

He was mostly just sucking.

Here's him trying out broccoli,


Anticipation is fun!  I think of it as his way of telling us, "I know what's going on, and I think I like it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment