This past weekend, Amos and I got the chance to hang out with Grammy, Aunt Amelia, and cousin Josie! On the way home, I was talking to Amelia about how weird it is that in some ways, babies change everything, but in others it’s like nothing changed! We can still go to a craft fair and hang out with babies. Getting around just becomes a little more difficult! While there, we successfully got on and off a bus with two strollers, two diaper bags, one car seat, and two babies…twice! I think you just have to decide what’s important and make it happen! Sure, Amos naps a lot better at home, (I don’t think the kid slept more than 1 hour total on Saturday) but he still slept that night and just got a little cranky at the end of the day – maybe a lot cranky! But it wasn’t the end of the world! He’s pretty resilient. Sure I don’t want to do that everyday. We just have to decide when it’s worth it!

Mommy and Amos at the Craft Fair
Things have changed – the amount of laundry, using the ice-maker during naps, smelling like spit-up – but for the most part, Jason and I just choose what we want to keep the same, and make sure we find a way to do it with Amos. For example, we’re going camping this weekend, and we are excited about it! I’ll tell you how it goes next week!
But I will tell you someone who is constantly changing… this guy! He loves standing, is getting good at sitting up, shaking his rattle, and just started hanging out in his exesaucer! He even realized he could stand up all on his own in it!
Also, we have major spit-up and major hair loss going on (and not just Amos)! Is it normal for me to be losing tons of hair? I have no fear of going bald anytime soon, but man, I am really shedding.
Dad’s still working hard at school and riding the scooter hot rod to work! He’s looking forward to a few upcoming short weeks as he ends the first quarter at the middle school!
Amos’ favorite thing this week…standing on Daddy’s stomach (and Mom’s)! It’s a sure fire way to get a BIG SMILE!
Check out these crazy faces! I had trouble picking just one!


No comments:
Post a Comment