Conrad and I have been getting up early to exercise! Isn't he cute? Ok, that's only true about one of us! And thankfully, it's not Conrad!
This week felt like we were getting back into a good groove with school. Those first few weeks after Christmas break it was hard for all of us to stop what we were doing and begin school. I like it much better this way. When everyone knows it is coming and is excited about it.
Our school is still pretty laid back. We sing, pray, read the Bible and do some memory work on the couch. Then we head to our school table for a math game, handwriting, reading and an extra (social studies, art, poetry, geography, nature study).
The boys really liked Crazy 8s this week. The luck was not with Amos, but he kept losing graciously. If our games have taught him nothing else, the practice has helped him become and better loser and winner! No more tears...most of the time.
This little boy is reading like no ones business! It's fun for so many reasons. He reads to us. He reads to his brothers. He reads to entertain himself. He reads and learns stuff and then comes and tells me! I love it. I'm working through the 100 Easy lessons with Silas now. It's so funny how differently the two boys go about learning. Amos wanted to read it all perfectly the first time and got upset it he didn't. I had to coax him into it. Silas loves doing the lessons. If he messes up a word, he just laughs and laughs. And when he gets one right, he's always so surprised! He's got such a good attitude about it, he'll be reading yet!
These three share a room. They all have their own bed, but by "wake-up" time, they normally look more like this! And "this" is why they share a room!
Ivan's two year old side has made quite the appearance these last two weeks. His favorite response is NO! And at the top of his lungs! Oh boy! And then other times, he finishes all his sentences with "thank you, Mama" "no, thank you, Mama"! We will survive!
This guy has been a little cranky this week. BUT, I do believe he's about to have some teeth AND he finally wants to crawl. The frustration of wanting to go somewhere and no way to do it!
Why didn't I start this sooner? Before, the boys have casually helped me with the dishwasher. I've now given them just a little more training and they completely unload it!!! Intentional laziness!!
And Ivan covers the silverware! Notice the drawer. We may need a little more training with this one.
Toward the end of the week, we got to spend a lot of time with friends. We had a play date on Thursday. I had a Mom's night out on Friday night and then we went to our friend Scout's birthday on Saturday! It was a Lego Birthday and couldn't be anymore up our alley!
Last night, right after Jason got home, we hit the trails for a quick walk before dinner! This weather! Unbelievable!







No comments:
Post a Comment