Friday, February 13, 2015

my three little men - week 13

What a week! This was definitely one I was glad to see the end of. Being sick is never, no way, fun. It is so hard to see your kids sick, and essentially do nothing about it. We didn't step outside from Sunday evening to Thursday. Talk about stir-crazy. And our big Thursday excitement was a trip to the doctor where we found out Amos and Silas both had ear infections (Silas had a double) But HALELUJAH Ivan is currently fine. The doctor checked, last time they were sick was in May. They are now happily taking their "yummy" medicine. I am so glad that we are past the phase where they hate to take medicine and I have to force it down their throats. Happily taking it is sooo much better.

Someone wasn't too sure about the doctor. Luckily, they came home with balloon animals.

Despite sickness, we did have some fun. Pre-sickness, the boys spent the night at Grammy and Gramps house. They got to do all the fun things that always happen at Grammy & Gramps, plus they got to see their very first basketball game. My Mom said that Silas was so torn between the basketBALL game and the band playing the DRUMS and GUITARS behind him. They loved it.

While the boys were busy having fun, we had some fun of our own. With only one child at home, and one that slept most of the day,

we were able to finally lay the floor in our playroom! It was such an easy, uncomplicated job and it made a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE, difference.

 

It's been so fun to put the room back together. It is finally becoming the room I envisioned! Right now it is functioning as our playroom/school room/office. In the future it might be something else. But it is BIG improvement from this:

We also thoroughly enjoyed the nice weather. On Sunday, we finally light up our pile of brush that has been accumulating. Jason wasn't sure how easy it would be to get it to burn. However, we through our Christmas tree on top. They weren't kidding when they said Christmas trees burn. I was sitting at the table inside, when I caught sight of the flames. And this was after he started spraying it with the hose.
After getting that fire calmed down, we enjoyed smores around our fire pit. Enjoying the sunset! It was a perfect end to the weekend.

This was Amos' first Valentines that he could appreciate. We started by making some Valentines for our family and mailing them, and then for our friends. Not sure when we'll get those out, but it will probably be AFTER Valentines. We talked a lot about love - which Amos is very intrigued by.

The rest of the week was pretty much filled with SNOT, snuggles, SNOT, coughing, and SNOT.

Plus I did finish a couple of projects. The playroom and my new chalkboard. I was a little bummed when the buyers of our old house wanted our chalkboard because I had a perfect place for it in our new house. BUT, my style had changed since I made it 4 years before and I was glad for a reason to make a new chalkboard. White cracked paint replaced with dark stain and alittle smaller.

Ivan Jude - the almost 3-month-old.

He's had a fantastic week, (which was necessary with his other two brother being sick) The weekend involved a killer growth spurt - eating every 2 hours, but since then he's been sleeping 9-10 hours at night! SLEEP, glorious, SLEEP! We have arrived. I'm a much better Mommy when I get to sleep all night long.

Ivan is almost always ready to smile. Unlike the other two, though, he needs a bit more attention. He's ok by himself for alittle bit, but then he needs Mom to come over and give him a big smile. It's interesting how early they start to become distinct.

This guy loves his hands and will chew on them any chance he gets. I thought this meant he was ready to drop the swaddle and soothe himself with his hands. But, nope, not yet. We'll try again next week.

Silas John- He's got his basketball shoes on. And he loves to show how fast he can run in them.

Once the doctor looked in his ears, he asked me if he'd been really fussy this week. He hadn't, poor guy, just pretty mellow and out of it. I kept asking him how he felt, and he kept telling me he felt good. I knew that wasn't the truth, but he really didn't let on how terrible he must have felt.

Amos Jack: His favorite thing, T-REX. And here he is pretending to be one.


He definitley was more vocal about how he felt, but his answer would change depending on what he got for feeling good or feeling bad. Feeling bad? I get chewable tyenol - ok, I feel bad. Feeling good? I get to go outside - ok I feel good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment