Saturday, August 16, 2014

goodbye to summer

I've reached the final stage of summer!  The "how am I going to survive once Jason returns to school" phase.  I knew it was coming, so I wanted to fully appreciate the last week with Dad.  We spent almost every day this week doing something fun in the morning and relaxing in the evenings.


A close town has a free zoo and very neat park.  We started the week by going there for the morning.
The day started with a ouchie in the parking lot, but after that we were good to go.
 Monkey island!  Daddy's favorite.

 The donkey may have been one of the boys favorite.  We even got a hee-haw out of him.
 Watching the bald eagle.  "Just like at Daddy's work."
 Feeding the ducks and the swan.  The park was so nice and empty.  We got to take our time wherever we went.
The park also included a kiddyland.  It was fun to remember playing on all the same equipment as a kid.

 My crocodile tamers.



The rest of the week we filled our time with days at the park and playing ball.  We definitely ate up all our time with Dad.  And I really tried to appreciate every time Jason took the boys outside to play while I made food or cleaned it up!  I knew soon it would be a thing of the past.

It wasn't quite the summer we were expecting, but it was still a good one!  Just like the candy Dad brought home before dinner.  I made him take that sucker away from Silas.


No comments:

Post a Comment