Wednesday, November 13, 2013
lately
Well we've finally entered the phase of stalling bedtime. I blame the time change. Amos has been so good about going to bed. We close his bedroom door and don't hear him until 7:30 the next morning. That has all changed in these last two weeks.
Here are some of his excuses, which normally are yelled from his bedroom.
"I've got to go poopy!" (This is after already going to the bathroom before bed.)
Read and book!
My back is itching. He tries to use this one a lot. I guess he thinks a itchy side merits coming out of bed and having us scratch it.
My button is undone. Footie pajamas have a little snap at the top to cover the zipper. He was literally in tears by the time I came in to check on him. HE HAD TO HAVE THE BUTTON SNAPPED!
Where's my elephant? (or one of the other zillion things he sleeps with)
It didn't help that he figured out how to beat the child-proof door handle. Just rip it off the door and open it. That meant he got to leave his room on his own terms. One night, we woke up to Amos crawling into our bed at 3am. He had to go poopy!
I took out my roll of ducktape and fixed that problem. He can no longer rip the door handle off. I don't expect it to be long until he figures out how to use the child-proof door handle properly. But I bought us a little time.
Other than that, we've seemed to overcome the time change yet again! We're glad to be back to our normal routine.
In Silas news, he's SO fun!
There's something magical about turning ONE! The shift from baby to toddler seems to happen so quickly! He knows what's going on and he's communicating what he needs/wants. He tries to say words: All done, buh bye, more. He's figured out he has a nose. He growls when he sees any animals: tigers, fish, bunnies. He's still pretty laid back, but he makes sure he's not forgotten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment