Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Guess what Amos found...



That’s right, I went in to get him from one of his naps this past week and was shocked to see his thumb in his mouth!  I haven’t caught him with it in there again, but he is getting really good at sucking on his hands/fists.  I’ve been mulling over which I’d rather he grow attached too, his thumb or a pacifier!  I’ve decided that I think I’m ok with the thumb.  It seems way more natural to me for him to suck on his thumb and now he can soothe himself.  I know they say you can’t take a thumb away like you can a pacifier, but I just hate having to reinsert his pacifier again and again.  So I guess we will deal with that bridge when we get there. 

On another note, it’s week 8!



If you are like me, you’re saying, “But he was just born.”  I don’t know how it has gone by so fast!  However, he can do soooo many more things now than he could do then! 

For instance, Amos can stand by himself.  OK, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but he can hold up his own body weight, we only have to balance him.  And to be honest, I think that standing is his favorite thing to do!  If you are holding him, you better watch out, because he is sure to push himself to standing!

Secondly, he laughs!  And I love when he laughs!  Oh, and if you missed a few weeks back, laughter is always accompanied by smiling.

Also, he goes down for naps, in his own bed, with little to no crying.  I know by typing this, I’m jinxing myself for tonight!

I wish I could say that he sleeps 7-8 hours at night, but I can’t.  He maxes out at about 5, occasionally.  However, unlike when he was first born, he eats for 15-20 minutes and I put him back down and we all go back to sleep.  Thank goodness he knows it is nighttime and doesn’t stay up to play!


This week has been a good one.  Amos went to lake and hung out with his cousin!   Gramps and Grammy were glad they got to spend all day with both their grandbabies! 


Lastly and most excitingly, Mystery, our church, is popping up babies everywhere, and Amos got to be part of Baby Dedication Sunday.  It is such a blessing to be part of a church that values kids and families.  We committed to love and serve Amos like Christ loves and serves us and teach him about Jesus.  Then our church family committed themselves to helping with the task! AWESOME!

From the Baby Dedication





















Here's a couple of fun bathtime shots!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment