I really don't know if my above statement is true, but I'm here to tell you that I'm committed to finding out. Before finding out that Jason and I were pregnant, I had already become interested in cloth diapering through the blog YoungHouseLove (check it out if you haven't already). In one of their post, they explained the ins and outs of their cloth diapering decision. What jumped out at me the most was the amount of money they were saving by using cloth instead of disposable.
Shortly thereafter, I found out that we were expecting a baby of our own and became very interested in cloth diapers. My extensive research began. Now, I had and still have NO experience to fall back on, so I read a TON of articles and watched a TON of youtube reviews. If you are interested, I would suggest watching any of the review by DirtyDiaperLaundry. She has reviewed at least a hundred different diapers.
Ok, so what did I choose? Well, after my aforementioned research, I knew some things that I didn't want. I didn't want pocket diapers, the thought of empty messy diapers and restuffing diapers all the time did not appeal to me. I didn't want to have to buy a bunch of different sizes and hope that I guessed right. Definitely didn't want prefolds. And I didn't want to use velcro. So I went with the top of the line - all in ones (AIO), one size fits all, diapers. However, even with that specific criteria, there are still so many diapers to choose from. I choose to start out with 8 of what I think will be the best diapers - because again, I still don't have a baby and I have not used them. I choose 3 bumGenius Elemental, 2 GroVia AIO, 2 BestBottoms ( these are not an AIO) and 1 Kissaluv Marvel. The bumGenius seem to be a premium diaper, but they have great reviews. However, I have read that they are terrible to get poop out of. I'm predicting GroVia to be my favorite. They have a really neat snap in insert that remains intact through the wash. The Best Bottoms are different from the rest, in that, they have an outside shell that can be wiped cleaned if lightly soiled, then all that needs to be replaced in the insert that snaps in. I find this option very interesting and am excited to see if if actually works that well. It seems like it would take less washing. Lastly, the Kissaluv has a pocket insert, but it remains attached at the back and agitates out in the wash. No removing when the diaper is soiled.
Below I have the pictures of my favorite. Some are even modeled by my lovely husband. Who else would think that cloth diapers would make a great hat! Again, I'll let you know what I find out! I've got high expectations!
No comments:
Post a Comment